Newborn Screening Summit: Sept. 8-10
NBSTRN is excited to host the Newborn Screening (NBS) Virtual Summit to celebrate newborn screening awareness month in September.
Attend the online summit on Sept 8-10, 2020 from 9 am to 12 pm (PST).
The event is free, but you must register at www.nbstrn.org. Once you registered, you will receive a separate email with the Zoom information to attend the virtual summit.
Here is the fantastic line-up of speakers on the latest newborn screening research.
Speaker Line-up (in PST time zone):
Sept 8, 2020
- 9 am – Dr. Curt Scharfe, Machine Learning in NBS
- 10 am – Dr. Tracy Trotter, Hearing Differences
- 11 am – Terri Klein, Advocacy and NBS
Sept 9, 2020
- 9 am – Dr. Jennifer Kwon, Spinal Muscular Atrophy
- 10 am – Dr. Wendy Chung, Congenital Heart Disease
- 11 am – Dr. Ronald Wapner and Jessica Giordano, Prenatal Genetics
Sept 10, 2020
- 9 am – John Boyle, Alissa Huston, Lynn Albizo, Advocacy, and NBS
- 10 am – Kim Piper, Community Engagement
- 11 am – Dr. Michele Puryear, Sickle Cell Diseases
Each speaker will speak for 30-minutes, following a 15-minutes live-chat messaging session with attendees. The summit will take place online virtually using the Zoom meeting platform.
Be informed. Be transformed with new research.
To learn more about newborn screening research, visit www.nbstrn.org
This project has been funded in whole or in part with Federal funds from the NICHD, National Institutes of Health, Department of Health and Human Services, under Contract No. HHSN275201800005C.