Join us in Orange County, California for the 15th National Conference on Hydrocephalus happening June 28-30, 2018.
Orange County, California
Thursday, June 28, 2018 – Saturday, June 30, 2018
Irvine Marriott | 18000 Von Karman Avenue | Irvine, CA 92612-1004
15th National Conference website
The National Conference on Hydrocephalus is open to everyone impacted by hydrocephalus, including patients, caregivers, medical professionals, scientists, medical device representatives and other organizations. For medical professionals and researchers, it is an opportunity to meet families affected by hydrocephalus and connect with colleagues.
Stay tuned for more information in January 2018.
Healthcare Professional Day
Thursday, June 28, 2018
This symposium will be held during our 15th National Conference on Hydrocephalus.
The symposium will cover all aspects of hydrocephalus: from the basics of anatomy and physiology to identifying the condition, treatment options, long term management and other disorders associated with hydrocephalus. The goal is to provide healthcare professionals with the tools they need to help patients with hydrocephalus improve their quality of life. This symposium will be a live-lecture format showcasing presentations from a diverse faculty.
At the conclusion of this symposium, the participants should be able to:
- Describe the anatomy and pathology of hydrocephalus and its prevalence relating to specific syndromes.
- Recognize how to diagnose, evaluate, and treat hydrocephalus.
- Identify acute and chronic failures of treatments associated with hydrocephalus.
- Identify specific treatments for children and adults that have hydrocephalus.
- Define treatment options and their prognosis for patients with hydrocephalus.
- The Hydrocephalus Association (HA) staff and the National Conference Medical Chairs, Local Co-Hosts, and Program Committee are vigorously working on putting together an exciting and educational program for the conference packed with many informative sessions.