Welcome to hydrocephalus researchers! Based on resounding feedback from basic scientists at the two most recent NIH hydrocephalus research workshops, the Hydrocephalus Association is establishing the Hydrocephalus Association Network for Discovery Science (HANDS). HANDS will provide a virtual and physical places for basic scientists to connect and collaborate on novel research hypotheses of interest to the hydrocephalus community. HA will provide collaboration infrastructure and support for meetings of working groups within the network. The goal will be to work together to apply for NIH funding for breakthrough scientific ideas to advance the field for hydrocephalus. Go to our membership page to sign up.
Annual Meeting of the Society for Research into Hydrocephalus and Spina Bifida
June 29-July 2
The annual SRHSB meeting will be held on June 29-July 2, 2016 in Stirling, Scotland. Andy Wynd and his local organizing committee are putting together a wonderful scientific and social programme.
The SRHSB is focused on increasing public awareness of hydrocephalus and spina bifida and to promote research across the diverse fields of study relevant to these conditions, with the ultimate goal of alleviating, managing and preventing the conditions. The research interests of SRHSB have a broad range from fetal imaging, termination of pregnancy and neonatology, to normal pressure hydrocephalus in the older population.
SRHSB website: https://www.srhsb.com/conferences/stirling-2016
- First week of January, 2016
- Abstract submission open
- Norman and Margaret Guthkelch Award submission open
- 2016 Casey Holter Essay Prize submission open
- Registration details
- Abstract submission deadline: February 26, 2016
- Norman and Margaret Guthkelch Award application deadline:February 26, 2016
- 2016 Casey Holter Essay Prize application deadline:February 26, 2016
- Abstracts and Guthkelch applications reviewed at the Executive Committee meeting:March 12, 2016
- Presentation and Guthkelch finalists notified:March 15, 2016
- Discounted early pre-registration and accommodation deadline:May 15, 2016
- Non-discounted pre-registration deadline: June 15, 2016
Hydrocephalus Association Grants
Innovator Awards: Hydrocephalus Therapeutics Research
This opportunity has passed.
The Hydrocephalus Association is soliciting applications from investigators for Innovator Awards to be used for understanding disease mechanisms and the identification and pre-clinical testing of therapies to prevent or reverse all forms of hydrocephalus. The goal of this initiative is to provide seed funding for bold and innovative research with the potential to transform the field of hydrocephalus through the understanding of disease mechanisms and the development of novel therapies.