Young Investigator Travel Award
2020 National Conference on Hydrocephalus
June 25-27, 2020
Applications are Due: October 23, 2019 by 5:00 pm (local time)
Click HERE for the Application
please download the application to your desktop before completing it
Request for Applications
Applications are being solicited by the Hydrocephalus Association for the Young Investigator1 Travel Awards to attend the 2020 National Conference on Hydrocephalus. The 2020 National Conference on Hydrocephalus is a biennial event that brings together renowned clinicians, scientists, and the hydrocephalus patient community. This award encourages young hydrocephalus researchers to attend the National Conference, meet individuals affected by the condition and their families, interact with leading clinicians and scientists, and improve their understanding of hydrocephalus and the needs of this community.
Award recipients will be required to:
- Register for and Attend the Full National Conference (June 25-27);
- Give a short presentation during the Robert Pudenz Plenary Session (June 26); and
- Design and present a poster immediately after the Robert Pudenz Plenary Session (June 26)
To be eligible, applicants must:
- Be a Young Investigator1 at the time of application submission.*
- Be actively conducting hydrocephalus research in the United States or Canada.
- Be a member of the Hydrocephalus Association Network for Discovery Science.
To create a HANDS account, please visit: http://hands.hydroassoc.org/.
*Previous awardees are eligible to apply. Preference will be given to new applicants.
Submit to all components to email@example.com
- Technical Summary
- Lay Summary
- Please note that the lay summary will be reviewed and scored by people affected by hydrocephalus (patients and family members). Click here for some helpful tips on writing a lay summary.
- Letter of support from mentor
This award is intended to cover travel and registration costs for the 2020 National Conference on Hydrocephalus. On the application, applicants will be required to indicate if they are applying for regional2 or national3 travel.
$1,000 Travel, hotel, & full conference registration
$1,500 Travel, hotel, & full conference registration
Applications must be received before 5:00 PM (local time) on Wednesday, October 23, 2019. Awardees will be contacted in January, 2020. For additional information, please contact Jenna Koschnitzky, PhD at firstname.lastname@example.org or 240.483.4540.
All applications must be submitted in English. The award amount is fixed and may not cover all costs associated with traveling and attending the National Conference. The funding will be distributed directly to the award recipient. The award provides no institutional overhead. HA anticipates granting 10-15 awards. Preference will be given to applicants who have not previously received the award.
- Young Investigator: Defined as an undergraduate student, graduate student, postdoctoral fellow, medical fellow or other student who has not completed his/her terminal degree or training.
- Regional Travel: Place of residence 150 miles of venue
- National Travel: Place of residence >150 miles of venue